Wednesday, October 17, 2007

JMT: First Glimpse of Whitney - 15 of 17



We came upon this barren landscape and saw our first glimpse of Mount Whitney over the ridge. Exciting and sad at the same time. The trip was almost over. There was a small lake in the middle of the wasteland. Sort of reminded us of a Dali painting.

I realized a couple of days ago that I had more than 17 videos worth of footage, so expect a couple bonus videos of the climb up Mount Whitney in the coming weeks. I'm only 10 days from my trip to London and then to Southern Africa, so I need to pick up the pace with my writing. The first draft needs to be done before I journey into the heart of darkness. Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the two boys' baywatch footage! I'm still impressed you both went in the water.