Monday, June 11, 2007

My Business Cards came in.... Front and Back

My business cards are complete. It took longer than I thought, but they were waiting for me back in Jersey when I returned from the Reunion. I'll write something about my night in New Haven a little later. But first, I wanted to especially thank Michael Faber for designing the card. He came up with a take that was very unique and original and brought my sentiments of this road trip front and center in a visual form. I'm really excited about the card and the logo and wanted to acknowledge how much time he put into it, from the initial spark of inspiration that started it all, to the back and forth we had on it. It sure isn't like any other business card I've seen. I think it'll definitely do the trick for the random people I meet, who are interested in following my adventures online. Mutcluck.blogspot.com doesn't exactly roll off the tongue or stick in your memory. It's no amazon.com. Maybe I should have thought that one through a little more. Oh well. So it goes.

I also wanted to thank my friend Stone Perales for helping with some last minutes tweaks to finalize the image for the printer. Without owning Photosphop and with no art skills, I was between a rock and a hard place trying to finalize my last minute obsessions with Faber inaccessible for the day. Stone was an invaluable springboard for me to finalize the formatting and tweak the files under the tight Friday deadline. He added a couple small flourishes as well that helped bring it all together. I'm a big fan of the little smirk and the border. What was supposed to be 20 minutes of help turned into a lot more. Thanks for putting up with me Stone.

Stone and Faber are both amazing artists in their own right. Check out Stonewurks.com , it'll be worth your time. I can't wait to see the final 3D render of his the sea elf he's working on. It's turning out pretty amazing so far. You can also check out Michael Faber's work at michaelfaberdesign.com He is a freelance graphic artist working out of Durham North Carolina. It's pretty amazing how he took my crappy original motion graphic/photo and made it into something so cool. I need to learn Photoshop and get some of my own art skills. Everytime I try to attempt any art on the computer, it's like I'm playing backetball with two broken legs, in a wheel chair wearing boxing gloves. It's still a fun game to play, but the execution is piss poor. I also have some videos to post. I'll try and get them up tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want to see videos/post from your adventures in sequoia!!!